PREPARING FOR A SESSION
Tips on Preparing for your Dog Photography Session
- Make sure your dog gets a good amount of exercise BEFORE the session. You know your dog best, so please exercise him enough to relieve any over-excitement but not enough to totally wear him out.
- For long haired dogs, it is best if your dog has been groomed before the session. If this is not possible, at a minimum, they should be brushed. Wipe any tear stains from around your dog’s eyes.
- If your dog will be wearing any clothing, please make sure you try the clothing on before the session to make sure that it is comfortable. I do NOT recommend dressing up dogs who are not used to wearing clothing on a daily basis.
- I generally provide a variety of healthy treats, but if your dog has special dietary needs, please bring any special treats that they can eat. Please let me know if your dog has any allergies or special needs.
- If your dog has a favorite toy, blanket or something else that you would like included in your photographs, please feel free to bring it along.
- Consider being included in a few photographs with your pet! Your friends and family will cherish images that include you as well as your pet. If you would like to be in any of the photographs, please wear solid colored clothing. Please avoid bold patterns such as stripes or plaids, or clothing with writing on it. Long sleeves and mid-tones or darker muted tones photograph best with dogs.
- I will often include an owner’s feet in a few of the images. Even if you do not plan to be in the portraits, please make sure your clothing and shoes look good from the waist down.
Call the studio at 301.252.2977 for a free no-obligation consultation.