PREPARING FOR A SESSION
Tips on Preparing for your Dog Photography Session
- Make sure your dog gets a good amount of exercise BEFORE the session. You know your dog best, so please exercise him enough to relieve any over-excitement but not enough to totally wear him out!
- For long haired dogs, it is best if your dog has been groomed before the session. If this is not possible, at a minimum, they should be brushed. Wipe any tear stains from around your dog’s eyes.
- If your dog will be dressed, please make sure you try the clothing on before the session and that your dog is comfortable in the clothing. I do NOT recommend dressing up dogs who are not used to wearing clothing on a daily basis.
- If your dog has special dietary needs, please bring any special treats that they can eat. I generally provide a variety of healthy treats. Please let me know if your dog has any allergies or special needs.
- If your dog has a favorite toy, blanket or something else that you would like included in your photographs, please feel free to bring it along.
- Consider being included in a few photographs with your pet! Your friends and family will cherish images that include you as well as your pet. If you would like to be in any of the photographs, please wear solid colored clothing. DO NOT wear bold patterns such as stripes or plaids, or clothing with writing on it. Mid to dark muted tones photograph best with dogs.
Call the studio at 301.252.2977 for a free no-obligation consultation.